|2017 Midterm Room Assignments:
C200 Per 6 AP
C200 Per 7 AP
AP Language and Composition 2017 Midterm:
- 10-15 questions of rhetorical terms—definition and/or application (i.e. recognize an example of it)
- 5 questions on close reading and annotations–these questions will focus primarily on ideas of SOAPSTone and DITS (There are NO schools of lit theory or HTRLLAP questions.)
- 25-30 AP-style questions on a distinct new piece of literature
- 1 Rhetorical Analysis Essay
- Vocabulary from Units 1-5 infused into questions throughout the test (used to ask questions and within answer choices)
List of Rhetorical Devices
**NEW** STUDENT-GENERATED DEVICE CARDS–Use these at your own risk, as I have not proofed them. Feel free to check out both classes. BE CAREFUL: the documents are about 40 pages long; if you print them, I suggest setting your printer to printing 4 or 6 pages on one page.
Device Cards–Per 6
Device Cards–Per 7
Focus on these:
Inserra’s PPT overview of Ethos, Pathos, Logos
VIDEO: “Introduction to Ethos, Pathos, and Logos” (Aristotelian Appeals)
VIDEO: “The Rhetorical Situation”/The Rhetorical Triangle
Preparation for AP-Style passages and questions:
Exam Practice–Multiple Choice #
The different types of multiple choice question stems–sorted by type
Another list of question stems
VIDEO: Overview of AP Multiple Choice section of Exam (the video becomes useful about halfway through)
VIDEO: AP Language and Composition Multiple Choice Section Tutorial (This video is looooooong and duuuull, but it is thorough and helpful. I have tried to find the sample passage about Pope and Dryden that she uses, but I haven’t located it yet. If you find it, send me the link, and I will send you a shout out!).
Tasty Snack Idea and music to fuel you while you study! (Warning: snack contains nuts and music contains awesomeness):
* Banana and Nutella Sandwiches
* Eye of the Tiger sing-along. Ignore terrible grammar.
* I will survive sing-along.