My name is Mrs. Joy Richards. I have been with the Parkland School district for more than ten years. I have been the ESL teacher at Orefield Middle School since September 2009, a job I really enjoy. I graduated from Kutztown University with my teaching certificate, then continued my education, and received my ESL certification. I have also earned my Masters Degree in Classroom Technology from Wilkes University.
My husband and I have three adult children, two daughters and a son. We have eleven grandchildren, eight boys and three girls. I enjoy hiking, biking, kayaking, taking walks, gardening, and spending time with my children and grandchildren.
I hope that this site will provide you with some helpful resources as well as information about the Parkland educational system.
Good General Websites
2. http://translate.google.com/# Offers a keyboard for other languages with their unique characters.
3. http://www.parklandsd.org/ Parkland School District Home Page
4. http://www.parklandsd.org/oms/ Orefield Middle School Home page
5. http://teachers.parklandsd.org/esl/ District ESL website
6. http://a4esl.org/ This is a site to have fun learning general vocabulary by doing crossword puzzles and several other fun activities . It has bilingual activities available in many different languages.
7. http://www.eslgamesplus.com/intermediate-classroom-games/ This is a great site that has many different kinds of games to learn vocabulary, grammar, and other things. There are team games, memory games, hangman, etc. on this site.