Career ∙ Exploration and Planning:
- pacareerstandards.com – Main PA website for career development and the Core Standards for Career Education and Work.
- pacareerzone.org – PA Department of Education-recommended career exploration site- Free! Includes three major pieces: “Assess Yourself,” “Explore Job Families,” and “Budget Your Life.” See the “Grow” link at the top of the home page where users can create a login and record their progress each time they visit the site and review their previous work (features a resume builder, reference list builder, cover letter builder, and journaling functions; among others).
- educationplanner.org – PHEAA-sponsored site, with career exploration, college matching; postsecondary exploration- very interactive, with links to O*NET and numerous other resources; including checklists for what to look for in a postsecondary institution and what to do during postsecondary visits.
- onetonline.org – Links to My Next Move, and My Next Move for Veterans. Updated Bright Outlook Occupations feature is included within the O*NET site which helps users to more accurately target careers where new job opportunities should be in the future. In addition, the Browse by Industry searches within the O*NET sites are also updated to reflect more current employment patterns.
- mynextmove.org – O*NET-related, up-to-date, and user-friendly career exploration site.
- myfuture.com – College and Career Information and Military.
- careertech.org – (formerly www.careerclusters .org) – Nationwide, Career Technical Education (CTE) programs are changing, evolving and innovating to better serve the country’s needs. CTE is preparing students of all ages to help drive America’s success and vitality. Further, it is creating an educational environment that integrates core academics with real-world relevance.
- http://www.careertech.org/career-clusters-resources – Excellent Career Cluster survey.
- asvab.com – Excellent aptitude and interest inventory for high school students.
Excellent Career Information Decision Systems – Site Licenses with a Cost:
- careergame.com – Elementary career interest tools. (Rick Trow Productions)
- xap.com – former college and career site from Bridges.
- careercruising.com – K-12 career development site.
- coinproducts.com – K-12 career development site.
- naviance.com – K-12 career development site.
- searchinstitute.org – Sparks Curriculum K-12.
- bls.gov/k12 – Bureau of Labor Statistics! Many resources and information for students and educators.
- pacareerlink.pa.gov – PA Workforce (labor market data, high-priority occupations, etc.).
- dol.gov– Labor market Information, many resources, sponsored by the US Dept. of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.
- bls.gov/ooh – Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Number of new jobs (projected)
- Growth rate (projected)
- keystoneedge.com – Innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in PA…what’s next!
- usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/rankings – (Top 100 jobs) US News Best Jobs.
Post Secondary Information:
- educationplanner.org – Free website from PHEAA. Outstanding Pa. site for college and career information.
- collegeboard.com – College and Career and Testing Information Site. Nationally recognized.
- education.pa.gov/K-12/Career%20and%20Technical%20Education/Pages/default.aspx – Developed by Pa. Bureau of Career and Technical Education for Post-Secondary.
- mymajors.com – College major website.
- myplan.com – College Board site. Excellent major finder.
College Costs and Financial Aid/Planning:
- pheaa.org – PHEAA’s home page.
- fafsa.gov – Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- finaid.org – The SmartStudent™ Guide to Financial Aid.
- fastweb.com – Includes free scholarship search.
- youcandealwithit.com – How to pay back that student loan; budgeting and saving tips.
- studentaid.ed.gov – Home page for the Federal Student Aid Office of U.S. Department of Education. General financial aid info.
- psca-web.org – PA. School Counselors site, with PA Companion Guide and Tools.
- princetonreview.com– Information on College Majors and Careers.
- georgetown.edu – Georgetown University Center on Education in the Workforce.